Monday, May 10, 2010

Design ideas for collection




Last year as part of a subject Textiles Installation I was introduced to the idea of hyperbolic space, which was a little daunting for someone who has not studied maths in five years! However after some explanation and research I came to really fall in love with the physical model of hyperbolic space. Mathematician Daina Taimina through the technique of crochet first created this type of physical model. So for an assessment task a group of us set out on crocheting our own hyperbolic modals for an installation. We chose as our final material cotton cord. I think in the photos you can see why!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Millie! I found something which probably won't be too useful for you but it reminded me of our bolics! :)

    http://www.imrevolting.net/?p=3831

    ReplyDelete